Day 22 - Marcus Ryan
The Melbourne International Comedy Festival is almost ready to close up shop for the year, which means you have only a short time to catch many of the great acts here in Melbourne. Today on MICF Daily we bring you Australian born, British based stand-up comic Marcus Ryan here to talk about his show Neighbours. The show is on through the end of the week at Word Bar - more details on the Comedy Festival website.
On the MICF Daily newsdesk:
- American comic Marc Maron has announced the lineup for the live taping of his podcast WTF. The sold-out show will feature special guests Greg Fleet, Wil Anderson, Steve Hughes, Felicity Ward and Arj Barker. For those fans who can’t get in, the episode will be aired on a later date.
- Another show taping at the festival will be Greg Proops “The Smartest Man in the Room”, taking place this Sunday night at the Comedy Club at the Athenaeum. Entry is free and a full bar will be open.
- For those people who missed out on Golden Gibbo nominated show Dr. Professor Neal Portenza’s Interactive Goat Hour v2.0, you have a second chance tonight. The show will be on for one last time tonight at 10pm at the Tuxedo Cat. Earlier in the evening Al’s Music Rant will be on at the same venue, and comedy fans can see both shows for $20 by booking at http://trybooking.com/QTQ. Additional shows are also on this weekend for Sammy J & Randy, Asher Treleaven, and Steve Hughes. Visit the Melbourne International Comedy Festival website for all the info.
- The People’s Choice award is on again, with entries in the running to win a trip for two to the Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal, Canada. Participants get to pick their three favourite shows from the festival, with the winner announced at the Festival Awards later in the season. Entries close this Saturday at noon, so visit the Comedy Festival website for further details.
- The last Herald Sun live chat session will be on today. Cal Wilson will take questions from comedy fans at 1pm today. If you’re interested, join the chat at heraldsun.com.au
- Justin Hamilton will also be hosting the final Festival Club’s ten comedians for ten bucks show tonight at the Hi-Fi Bar. On the lineup: Daniel Connell, Henry Stone, Jennifer Wong, Dayne Rathbone, Lindsay Webb, Marcus Ryan, Dylan Cole, Michael Williams and Rachel Leary. Tickets at the door.